Do you ever have days you wish you could time travel? Sometimes I think about what I would’ve told myself if I could go back to a specific age. Here’s what that letter would look like.
Look at you! You’ve come into your own and you are blossoming as a young woman. You have your whole life ahead of, so you can rest easy instead of feeling like you need to rush through these years to “adulthood” and the world of “more responsibility”. The time will come where you will work hard to finish college early and God will bless you with an amazing job – better than you could’ve ever hoped or dreamed. For now though, enjoy these years.
- There will be people who are only meant to be in your life for a season. Recognize them and enjoy the season. However, when it’s over, let it go. Holding on to them will only make moving on hurt even more.
- Don’t spend so much time on Facebook – family and friends who really want to stay in your life will make an effort to be there, even when social media is not.
- Enjoy your single years – don’t rush into any relationship. If it’s God’s best for you, it’ll happen, but don’t try to force a square into a circle or a puzzle piece into a place it was never meant to fit.
- Do what you love for you, not because it’s what others think you should do.
- Keep your body healthy. You get one body on this earth and health matters more than being “perfect”.
- Perfect doesn’t exist.
- Always remember that God is faithful, regardless of what circumstances look like.
- Be wary of people who only want to be your friend because you have information they want.
- Put God first in ALL things, not just the areas most comfortable to put Him first in.
These years will form the person you will become in adulthood. Enjoy the carefree spirit that comes with the teenage years. Adulthood and responsibility will come soon enough. I can’t wait to see the young woman you’ll be when we meet.